Friday, June 22, 2012

cheers to you single mamas

It sounds a little sad but with Zach being gone so often I've gotten quite used to it being just Hunter and I {and two dogs of course}. at first when Zach would leave for trainings it would be really hard on me and my heart hurt the instant he left. Now, three weeks of him being away is nothing, easy even. Not that I don't miss him but it's just become the norm for us {again, it sounds sad but its the army way of life}.

I've gotten quite good on keeping up with housework, running errands, paying bills, taking care of two VERY needy dogs, and of course keeping my little man happy, healthy, and thriving. Most days go pretty smoothly but the hard days make me realize how lucky I am to know that soon Zach will be back to help me out. I now have a HUGE appreciation for the moms out there that do this year round by themselves, pretty sure I'd go crazy if I had to {just ask Zach about some of my crazy lady texts on the bad days ;)}. It's definitely not an easy job being a mom, and being without your other half and away from family makes it even harder, but when I see those bright eyes and a huge smile on my little man's face I know that even the worst day is worth it. I just keep reminding myself that God wouldn't  put me in a position He didn't think I could handle.

So cheers to all you single mamas, you amaze me.
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment