Saturday, June 23, 2012

four months

It's no joke when they say kids grow up too fast, my little man is FOUR MONTHS already! Time to start planning his first birthday party! {I still can't believe I have a kid}.

a few highlights from the month:

- after countless attempts he finally rolled from his back to his tummy {while we were in Seattle at my parents :)}... and now it's none. stop. rolling. 
- he likes to be thrown in the air, which turns out to be an arm workout for me. win win. 
- Lola is pretty hilarious, whenever he sees her its huge grins and  laughs. I'm being replaced as the funniest thing to him by a dog. womp womp. 
- The drooling NEVER ends. I'm afraid it could be early teething?? eek.
- I love watching him look at toys and then reach for them. his hand, eye, mouth coordination is getting pretty impressive :)
- He would rather "stand" than be in any other position. those thigh rolls are all muscle apparently.
- I've got him in a nice nighttime routine, and pretty easily I might add. Which is why I'm back to blogging, more free time for mama!

a few things to come in the next month:

- rice cereal. please no judgement. we think he's ready for it. to each his own ;) {and of course I'll run it past our doctor} {we also co-sleep, and he sleeps on his stomach all the time... we're baby "rule" breakers in this house ;)}
- moving his crib into our bedroom. since our master is on the bottom floor and we hardly use the upstairs it just makes sense. if he was older it wouldn't be such a problem, but it just seems so far away if he's up there by himself. So much for putting all that work into his cute nursery.   
- hopefully his first camping trip?! 

xoxo    

1 comment:

  1. I'm a firm believer in you know your baby better than anyone else. You know what's best/works for them. I've read several mommy blogs where they co-bed, feed babies at 4 months and let their kids sleep on their stomachs. Keep up the good work, Jodi! You're doing a beautiful job!

    xo

    ReplyDelete