Monday, July 16, 2012

homemade thank you gifts {in mason jars}


we have the. best. neighbors. ever. they watch our house and take care of our dogs when we're out of town, mow our lawn when Zach is away, give us great hand me down toys and clothes for hunter, offer free babysitting, and are just all around great friends. we will definitely miss them. so to say thank you I made them a few homemade treats.
 
since I usually always have baked goods in the house when they come over I made two 'cookies in a jar' mixes. you can find the recipe here {i made one with nuts and one without} 

I also made a homemade brown sugar body scrub with vitamin e and honey. I love this stuff and will definitely have to make some for myself when I get settled on the west coast. the only thing I will do differently for this is use a smaller jar, to fill a quart size jar it took three of these recipes.

and for their cute little girl Evie, I got a princess coloring book and some giant crayons. 
 
what was really great about this project was that for the most part it was all things we had around the house already. the only things I had to buy were the coloring book and crayons {under $4 for both} and the mason jars since I already packed the ones I had {pack of 12 1-quart jars for $10} I am mason jar obsessed lately so the rest will go to use soon... guess what everyone is getting for Christmas this year??? ;)
 
xoxo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment