Sunday, July 15, 2012

the last week


a week from now Hunter and I will be on the road headed back to the North West. I couldn't be more excited to go back home to family and friends but at the same time there will be plenty I will miss about our time here in NC. 

 things I will miss...
- the coast. by far the best beaches {and beach towns} I've been to. sorry California.
- the woods. the trees may be a little thin but the no underbrush makes up for it.
- fall. when the leaves start changing there's nothing like it.
- storms. I could sit and watch the lightening storms for hours here, and the thunder so loud it can rattle the walls.
- farm land. yes. it's true. I like our little farm community we live in. driving past all the cotton fields and old abandoned barns makes everyday errands scenic. 
- the history. there's so much here that I wish I spent more time exploring.
- the architecture. i swoon driving past all the old southern homes and mansions. give me a wrap around porch any day.  
- the feed store we go to in town. the owner is a nice old Southern man who knows everything about animals, not to mention the boys that work there will never let me carry the dog food out to my car, love Southern gentlemen. oh, and there's a chicken that runs around free inside.
- our first house together. granted it was rented, and not our "style" but it was our first place to make a home together and start our little family in. 

things I WON'T miss...
- the humidity. ugh.
- the drivers. apparently they don't believe in blinkers and the left lane is for pacing the car in the right. 
- no coffee shops. the closest one to us is 15 miles away... {this is far for me... I'm used to one on every corner in the land of coffee ;)}
- our neighborhood. it's nice and new, but it's cookie cutter. they just came through and leveled all the trees and built cheap look alike houses. not our thing. glad we didn't buy one.
- the slow service in restaurants and stores. it definitely took us awhile to be more patient with people here.  
- being so far away from our family and friends.     

of course the biggest thing I will miss in NC will be Zach. it's going to be so hard to be so far from him and possibly not being able to live together again for at least a year {if he gets deployed}. I feel for him though, he will miss so many of Hunter's 'firsts'... I miss the little man just being away from him for a few hours... I can't imagine for months. it will be best for the long run though and is what army life is all about... and hey, hopefully after all this he'll be able to join us back in the evergreen state ;)

see you soon Wa!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment